This is the old page, please see the new page Are You a Libertarian Writer? (and want to be paid for it?) for newer information.
# # #
[Additional Info - Last updated on: July 28, 2006 12:00 PM]
[Queue Info - Last updated on: July 21, 2006 3:00 PM]
Are you a libertarian writer who can produce an article on roughly a weekly or biweekly basis? And you would like to get paid for it? Would you rather use your time writing and thereby spreading the libertarian message than learning search engine optimization techniques (SEO), researching revenue generation methods, understanding visitor acquisition techniques, or devoting time to marketing?
from Reason to Freedom has moved to the Drupal content management system (CMS). We are now adding writers.
For consideration we request:
- 1,000 to 3,000 word articles or columns,
- that promotes libertarianism and/or the non-aggression principle.
You will receive:
- 25% of your pages' gross revenue (payable to you or whomever you choose)
- Publicity opportunities for your work via our partner publications, including Rational Review News Digest and Freedom News Daily
- probable listing in over 6,000 newsletter emails (fully opt-in lists)
- RSS listing on 25+ news aggregation services
- if your article is selected, guaranteed 1,000+ page views for the week your item is on our home page
- depending on your page's content, between 0 and 5,000 ad views per month for archived material
- full authorship tag line and copyright retention
So, if you're interested drop us an email and make sure to attach five of your articles for review.
from Reason to Freedom
Queue updated, next read Ted Richardson.
Queue updated, in the process of setting up Len Brewster, and next read Cim1963.
All current authors sent the below email. If you didn't receive it, check your junk/spam folders or contact your mail provider to identify why they are not delivering your mail.
'from Reason to Freedom' has finally! been converted to Drupal and is now
live, you may now publish straight to http://www.reasontofreedom.com/
While it's been a long and bumpy ride, we apologize for the delay, and I
hope you like the new look. Minor enhancements and polishing will
continue indefinitely. Next up is large article archive importing. If
you have 50+ articles already published that you would like automatically
transferred over to fRtF, then drop me a line with a link to them and I'll
get them added to the To-Do list (currently Garry Reed, then Sandra Price).
After that are (but not limited too) article voting, the addition of
Blogging capabilities, a WYSIWYG editor, daily quotes, what's related,
re-adding several of the features the old site had*, moving all the old
forum posts to the new site, and more.
If you have lost your password, click on "Request new password" (far lower
left on fRtF) and copy and paste your Username (above) into the Username
name field. http://www.reasontofreedom.com/New_Article_Cheat_Sheet.html
is available as a guide for posting new articles.
The front page article will rotate out late each Thursday night and be
selected from the previous seven days submissions (Thur-Wed).
The change to Drupal took forever. The below list is not up to date and there are several people in queue not listed. Now that the site is switched over, this will consume most of my time until cleaned up. Best Regards, MJT
Under our current ad provider (Google) we have room for approximately 50 individual writers and 10 writing groups.
Writing groups are those collections of individuals who agree to donate their revenue to a specific third party, and as such share a common ad channel. If a writing group has a large archival component and maintains some reasonable addition rate, the weekly/biweekly requirement will be waived.
As I'm the primary person wrangling Drupal into submission, providing immediate correspondence replies will be less than stellar. While I'm a fairly quick read, until the new site is commissioned, I'm expecting to review no more than two people (10 articles) a week, and none of the writing groups. After the site makeover, I can go back to my day job of marketing, promotion, SEO work, and normal publishing activities. At that point I'll be able to up the rate to one a day and tackle the writing group(s).
Given that and to provide as much transparency as possible, I will be reviewing all of the below in date order received. As each person is reviewed I'll send an individual email and remove his or her name from the queue.
Queue for Individual Writers:
- Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:18:12 -0500: Steve Trinward Welcome aboard!
- Fri, 30 Sep 2005 11:33:05 -0500: Bob Smith Welcome aboard!
- Fri, 30 Sep 2005 18:08:04 -0500: Garry Reed Welcome aboard!
- Tue, 4 Oct 2005 10:37:27 -0500: Maximilian Longley Welcome aboard!
- Wed, 5 Oct 2005 04:34:41 -0500: Jack Graziano Welcome aboard!
- Thu, 6 Oct 2005 08:18:03 -0700: Fred Foldvary Welcome aboard!
- Sat, 8 Oct 2005 08:49:28 -0400: Thomas Simmons No articles received.
- Tue, 11 Oct 2005 01:39:04 -0700: 10 of Clubs MovieWATCH Still in discussion, not exactly a libertarian theme though. 7/17/06: No further contact, assuming dropped out
- Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:03:45 -0500: Erik Jay Welcome aboard!
- Fri, 14 Oct 2005 03:53:40 -0500: Matthew Alexander Welcome aboard!
- Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:27:58 -0500: Doug Soderstrom Welcome aboard!
- Thu, 03 Nov 2005 16:52:06 -0600: Peter Porcupine Welcome aboard!
- Above here sent email
- [Date messed up]: Len Brewster Welcome aboard!
- Wed, 18 Jan 2006 09:05:26 EST: Cim1963 Need 5 articles or links.
- Sat, 21 Jan 2006 11:15:30 -0000: Chris Stone Welcome aboard!
- Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:52:39 -0800 (PST): Ted Richardson Need 5 articles or links.
- Wed, 5 Apr 2006 17:08:20 -0400: Kevin Breen Welcome aboard!
- Sat, 24 Jun 2006 15:37:43 -0700 (PDT): Melinda Pillsbury-Foster Welcome aboard!
Queue for Writing Groups:
- Thu, 29 Sep 2005 12:10:28 -0700: Rational Review Welcome aboard!